Elaine devotes her practice to energy and utility regulation primarily before the Virginia State Corporation Commission.
Elaine’s energy experience includes representing electric and natural gas utility clients in complex regulatory litigation, including numerous base rate, fuel cost, and rider recovery proceedings, retail choice matters, and financing and affiliates act approvals. She also frequently advises clients on discovery issues, codes of conduct and affiliate transactions, and other regulatory compliance matters.
Elaine co-chairs the Women Lawyers Network and is a member of the Diversity & Inclusion Committee.
- Represent electric and natural gas utilities in multiple general ratemaking proceedings before state regulatory commissions.
- Represent electric utility in annual proceedings to certify and recover costs of new renewable generation and energy storage facilities.
- Represent electric utility in annual proceedings to recover fuel expenses.
- Represent electric utility in annual proceedings to recover environmental remediation costs.
- Represent electric utility in proceedings concerning retail choice matters.
- Represent electric utility and natural gas utilities in proceedings for approval of affiliate agreements, asset transfers, and financing applications.
- Assist in obtaining regulatory approvals for merger of utility holding companies in multiple jurisdictions.
- Assist with representation of natural gas utility in proceeding for approval of decoupling mechanism and conservation programs.
University of Richmond School of LawJD
magna cum laude, Articles Editor, University of Richmond Law Review2009
Wake Forest UniversityBA
magna cum laude1997
Vice Chair, Board of Trustees, The Valentine
Member and Past President, Children’s Hospital Foundation Junior Board
Parent Chair, St. Christopher’s Fund
Past Chair, Board of Governors, Administrative Law Section, Virginia State Bar
Co-chair, Women’s Lawyers Network
Member, Diversity & Inclusion Committee
Past Chair and Member, Richmond Recruiting Committee
- Speaker, Leadership Conference for Women in Energy, McGuireWoods, November 4-5, 2019