Lee Royster focuses his practice on product liability and commercial litigation.
Before joining McGuireWoods, Lee served as a law clerk to the Honorable John T. Copenhaver, Jr., U.S. District Judge for the Southern District of West Virginia.
Lee graduated with High Honors from the University of North Carolina School of Law where he was selected to the Order of the Coif and served as the managing editor for the North Carolina Law Review.
- North Carolina
- Hon. John T. Copenhaver, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia, 2018-2019
The University of North Carolina School of LawJD
Order of the Coif, with high honors, Managing Editor, North Carolina Law Review2018
- Lenoir–Rhyne UniversityBAHistory2014
- Author, Judicial Reminder to Review Insurance Policy Language and Provide Timely Notice of a “Claim”, Pro Policyholder, March 30, 2023
- Author, 11th Circuit Vacates Class Certification, Settlement Due to Members’ Lack of Standing, Class Action Countermeasures, August 5, 2022
- Author, Arbitration vs. Litigation: More Than Just a Preference for RWI Policyholders, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, February 10, 2021
- Author, Business Beware: Premise Liability in the Age of the COVID-19 Economic Restart, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, May 11, 2020
- Author, Fake News: Potential Solutions to the Online Epidemic, 96 N.C. L. Rev. 270, 2017