Margaret joined McGuireWoods Consulting after graduating from the University of Richmond School of Law in 2019. As an assistant vice president in the Infrastructure and Economic Development group, she assists clients with economic development incentives negotiations and site selection.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods Consulting, Margaret was a recipient of the David L. Boren Scholarship, which provided her funding through the Department of Defense to study Turkish in Istanbul. While abroad, Margaret served as a project director for a Turkish-American startup in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. In this role, she managed a public-private partnership with the Kurdish Regional Government to establish an economic publication about the region’s emerging industries. Upon returning to the United States, Margaret worked as an analyst with the Bureau of Consular Affairs at the Department of State where she supported the growth and maintenance of secured data-sharing initiatives between the nation’s primary federal departments.
Margaret currently serves as a director of a local nonprofit called the College Readiness Initiative, which provides free SAT tutoring for low-income students. She is a native of Richmond and earned a dual degree from Virginia Commonwealth University in 2012.
McGuireWoods Consulting LLC (“MWC”) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the McGuireWoods LLP law firm. From time to time, various McGuireWoods lawyers provide non-legal services to MWC clients, but MWC cannot provide legal services or advice. Therefore, any work MWC performs for a client does not give rise to an attorney-client relationship or privilege. Should you require legal services from McGuireWoods, as well as consulting services from MWC, you must engage the law firm separately.
- Co-author, Zoning and Segregation in Virginia: Part 2 – Expanding Housing Choices for the Future of Virginia, McGuireWoods Study Paper, May 23, 2022
- Author, Crypto-Miners, Large Loads Subject to New Interim Interconnection Process in ERCOT, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, April 21, 2022
- Author, 10 Takeaways from Virginia Housing Commission’s April 2021 Meeting, McGuireWoods Consulting LLC, May 4, 2021
University of Richmond School of LawJD
Member, Public Interest Law Review2019
Virginia Commonwealth UniversityBAPolitical Science, International Studies
summa cum laude2012
- Speaker, Reopening Colleges and Universities: COVID-19 Funding, Legal Insights and Safety Protocols, May 29, 2020
- Speaker, Bridging the COVID-19 Gap – How to Preserve Incentives When the Future Is Unclear, May 4, 2020