Courtney’s practice focuses on commercial litigation matters. She has worked on a variety of complex civil litigation matters in both federal and state court.
These include business disputes, insurance coverage matters, breach of fiduciary duty matters, and securities class actions. Courtney has also worked on various white collar matters, including investigations by the Department of Justice, Securities and Exchange Commission, and the Federal Trade Commission. In addition, she has worked on multiple internal investigations of large public companies with alleged violations of federal criminal and civil statutes.
While earning her law degree from the University of Virginia, Courtney was a Legal Writing Section Dillard Fellow and received “Best Memo” and Bracewell & Patterson Oral Advocacy Awards.
University of Virginia School of LawJD
Editorial Board, Virginia Tax Review2003
University of Notre DameBAGovernment, American Studies
cum laude, Dean’s List1998
Member, Virginia State Bar Association
Member, District of Columbia Bar Association
Member, Fairfax Bar Association
Member, Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- Author, Due to COVID-19, Most Pennsylvania Businesses Ordered to Cease Operations, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, March 20, 2020