Liz focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation. She represents clients in the energy industry in commercial, royalty, class action and negligence matters in state and federal courts, particularly in Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
Liz has experience in all phases of litigation at the trial and appellate levels, including drafting and arguing several motions to dismiss, defending and taking several depositions, and drafting and defending motions for summary judgment.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Elizabeth clerked for Judge D. Michael Fisher of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. Prior to her circuit court clerkship, Elizabeth clerked for Judge Frederick P. Stamp, Jr. of the United States District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia.
While in law school, Elizabeth interned for Judge Irene M. Keeley of the United States District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia, served as Senior Notes Editor for the West Virginia Law Review, and represented clients seeking writs of certiorari in the United States Supreme Court in the Supreme Court Law Clinic.
West Virginia University College of LawJD
Order of the Coif, Senior Notes Editor, West Virginia Law Review2013
West Virginia UniversityBAPolitical Science and Psychology
summa cum laude, with Honors, Phi Beta Kappa2010
The rules of professional conduct in some jurisdictions require disclosure of selection methodology for certain public accolades and recognitions. Click here to view available selection methodologies.
Recognized in “Ones to Watch”, Commercial Litigation, Best Lawyers in America, 2022, 2023, 2024
Named to Institute for Energy Law (IEL) Leadership Class, 2021-2022
- Hon. Dennis M. Fisher, U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit, 2015-2016
- Hon. Frederick P. Stamp Jr., U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia, 2013-2015
- North Carolina
- West Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- Author, Texas Appellate Court Analyzes Purchase and Sale Agreement Drafting and Terms, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, June 15, 2021
- Author, ATDS in Light of ACA International — Location Matters for TCPA Claims, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, June 29, 2018
- Co-author, "The Possible Pitfalls Of A Text Messaging Ad Campaign", Law360, January 23, 2018
- Author, Court: Consumer Cannot Unilaterally Revoke Contractually Agreed-Upon TCPA Consent, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, June 23, 2017
- Author, Always Ask for a Brand-Name Drug: Trying to Untangle the Holding in Pliva v. Mensing, West Virginia Law Review, 2012