Jon represents clients in product liability and consumer class action matters in state and federal courts across the country. Jon has experience with all aspects of litigation, including preparing corporate witnesses, taking and defending depositions, briefing dispositive and non-dispositive motions, developing expert witnesses and technical defenses, limiting adverse expert testimony, and managing discovery. He also has significant experience serving as national coordinating counsel for product manufacturers in high-exposure product liability matters throughout the United States. In addition, Jon has represented clients in commercial litigation matters and cases involving catastrophic injuries.
Jon maintains an active pro-bono practice, with a particular focus on representing clients in protective order proceedings. He is actively involved with The Alliance for Asian American Justice and the firm’s representation of victims of anti-Asian hate.
Before joining McGuireWoods, Jon clerked for the Honorable Mark S. Davis, United States District Judge for the Eastern District of Virginia.
Jon graduated first in his law school class, and he served as an Articles & Comments Editor for the University of Richmond Law Review. At graduation, he received the T.C. Williams Law School Scholarship Award, which is presented to the graduating student who made the most significant contribution to legal scholarship. During law school, Jon also received CALI Awards for Excellence in the study of fourteen subjects, including Products Liability, Federal Courts, Civil Litigation, Civil Procedure, Remedies, Legislation & Regulation, Employment Law, and Employment Discrimination.
University of Richmond School of LawJD
summa cum laude, Order of the Coif, Articles & Comments Editor, University of Richmond Law Review2014
University of VirginiaBAForeign Affairs
with distinction, Phi Beta Kappa2011
Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants, 2023, 2024
Selected for 2023-2024 Leadership Advancement Program, NAPABA
Named to “Legal Elite,” Civil Litigation, Virginia Business, 2018
- Co-author, "“Receipt By the Defendant”: Finding More Time to Perfect Removal After Service Through a Statutory Agent", 13 Strictly Speaking, 2016
- Co-author, To Port or Starboard? Why the Supreme Court Might Provide Direction to Those Navigating Choice-of-Law Questions in Maritime-Lien Cases, 46 J. Mar. L. & Comm. 395, 2015
- Author, Nonprofit Organizations, For-Profit Corporations, and the HHS Mandate: Why the Mandate Does Not Satisfy RFRA’s Requirements, 47 U. Rich. L. Rev. 1301, 2013
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- Panelist, "Challenges in the Forensic Evaluation of Pediatric Mild TBI", American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law Annual Meeting, October 2015
- Hon. Mark S. Davis, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, 2014-2015