Lorna’s practice focuses on a variety of corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions via asset sale or stock sale, technology, outsourcing and general services transactions.
She regularly reviews, drafts, analyzes and/or negotiates various contracts, including technology licensing agreements, asset purchase agreements, stock purchase agreements and ancillary acquisition documents, assignment agreements, intellectual property security agreements, hosting and software agreements, government contracts and subcontracts, and supply and other technology agreements.
Lorna began her career as an engineer before earning her MBA from Yale School of Management in operations and finance. Prior to becoming an attorney, Lorna spent many years as a consultant for the energy, environment and technology groups of a government consulting firm in Northern Virginia. She has extensive knowledge of the internet and software technology industries from her experiences as a finance manager at a leading internet service provider eventually acquired by Verizon, and then as a director of strategic planning at a pioneer software as a service (SaaS) provider eventually acquired by AT&T. Her previous work experiences and business background enables Lorna to bring practical, hands on knowledge of business operations and applies that to legal analysis in support of her clients in a wide variety of industries such as financial
services, healthcare, telecommunications, pharmaceutical, education, energy, transportation, food services, biotech, manufacturers, consumer products, information and publishing, government, technology and other service industries.
- Representation of a global food services company in its debt restructuring
- Representation of a large telecommunications company in the renewal of a
multimillion dollar customer care and billing services agreement.
- Representation of a technology advisory services corporation in vendor
selection and drafting of a multimillion dollar outsourcing and hosting
agreement for its ERP System.
- Representation of a pharmaceutical client in drafting and negotiating a
master services agreement for a multimillion dollar information technology
- Representation of licensee in an exclusive licensing arrangement with a
- Representation of buyer in an asset purchase of a tour company.
- Representation of seller in an asset sale to a large consulting firm.
- Representation of seller in a preferred stock sale to a private equity
- Support large financial services clients with its debt financing
- Antonin Scalia Law School, George Mason UniversityJD
- Yale University School of ManagementMBA
The City University of New YorkBEChemical Engineering
- Author, Are We (Finally) Ready to Zoom?, Password Protected, June 8, 2020
- Author, Privacy vs. Containment, Part 2: The Democratic Answer to a Framework for Federal Privacy Legislation on COVID-19, Password Protected, June 3, 2020
- Author, Privacy vs. Containment: Federal Privacy Legislation Meets COVID-19, Password Protected, May 18, 2020
- Author, Updates-State-Data-Breach-Laws, Password Protected, July 20, 2018
- Author, DoD Cyber Compliance Deadline Fast Approaching – Here’s What Government Contractors Need to Know, Password Protected, November 1, 2017
- Author, Government Response to Increasing Cyber Threats, Password Protected, September 12, 2017
- Author, A Closer Look: Practical Tips to Managing a Ransomware Attack (Part 2), Password Protected, November 4, 2016
- Author, A Closer Look: Practical Tips to Managing a Ransomware Attack (Part 1), Password Protected, November 1, 2016
- Author, Intellectual Property in Government Contracts – Landmines Abound, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, February 10, 2016