Kelly focuses her practice on private equity and corporate transactional matters, including mergers, platform and add-on acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, control, minority and growth equity investments, divestitures, and recapitalizations. She represents private equity funds, independent sponsors, venture capital funds, institutional investors, founders, companies, and strategic acquirers.
Kelly handles transactions in diverse industries, including technology, healthcare, industrials, and consumer goods and services. She also provides outside general counsel advice and serves as a strategic corporate advisor to private companies and startups regarding entity formation, debt and equity financings, corporate governance, and commercial agreements.
- Represented private equity-backed power and infrastructure platform in the acquisition of an electrical installation business.
- Represented private equity purchaser in the simultaneous acquisition of a Utah-based franchisor and multiple nationwide independent franchisees in the carpet cleaning space.
- Advised private equity-backed consumer goods platform in connection with a Texas-based add-on acquisition.
- Advised private equity seller in the sale of a California-based business that designs and produces bike and motorcycle equipment to a European private equity-backed acquirer.
- Represented independent sponsor in the leveraged acquisition of a Wisconsin-based educational publishing business, including negotiating rollover equity, acquisition financing with senior and junior lenders, and multiple executive employment and royalty agreements.
- Represented independent sponsor in the leveraged acquisition of a Florida-based B2B networking lead-generation platform within the home improvement and remodeling space, including senior and second lien acquisition financing.
- Represented independent sponsor in the leveraged acquisition of a Maryland-based specialty manufacturing and rental business focusing on agriculture products, including structuring investor vehicle for equity component.
- Represented independent sponsor in the leveraged acquisition of a Texas-based dental services organization platform and multiple add-on acquisitions, including multi-location practices.
- Represented independent sponsor in the acquisition of a technology-enabled SAAS home services and commercial cleaning business.
- Represented independent sponsor in the leveraged acquisition of a Texas-based banquet and events business.
- Represented private equity-backed commercial janitorial services platform in connection with multiple add-on acquisitions.
- Represented private equity-backed consumer products platform in connection with multiple add-on acquisitions and negotiation and structuring of senior secured credit facility.
- Represented product innovation company in connection with its Series A financing, subsequent rounds, and related corporate restructuring.
- Advised investment fund seller in the sale of a business that provides information, project planning and routine replacement healthcare capital solutions delivered through proprietary, cloud-based software to a strategic acquirer.
- Advised sellers in a sale of a Michigan-based business that manufactures and provides building security devices for use on vacant buildings to a private equity investor.
- Advised family office in the simultaneous acquisitions of two television networks, including related financing transactions.
- Advised one of the world’s largest public timeshare companies in connection with its acquisition of one of the largest independent timeshare companies in North America.
- Advised biologics business in negotiating and structuring a private equity investment for the development of groundbreaking human stem cell and tissue products and therapies.
- Advised sellers in a sale of equity interests of a California-based grant writing and consulting business to a private equity investor.
- Advised family office in the acquisition of Texas-based oil and gas equipment manufacturer.
- Advised family office lead investor in restaurant chain with respect to business combination and joint venture transaction with a second restaurant chain. As counsel to lead investor, negotiated and executed the entire transaction for our investor client and on behalf of one of the restaurant chains.
- Served as legal counsel to a builder of custom, move-in ready data centers in formulating and executing growth initiatives to develop up to $3 billion in new data center campuses.
- Represented a builder of custom, move-in ready data centers in the acquisition of Canadian wholesale data center provider.
- Advised private equity purchaser in connection with the corporate structure of its $1.4 billion acquisition and financing of a 30-property multi-family real estate portfolio.
- Advised healthcare group in multiple acquisitions of, and a joint venture relationship with respect to, a variety of hospital businesses and related ancillary business arrangements.
SMU Dedman School of LawJD
cum laude, Articles Editor, SMU Science and Technology Law Review2018
- Texas A&M UniversityBBAManagement, minor in Psychology2015
Member, State Bar of Texas
Member, Dallas Bar Association
Member, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers