The energy industry is reeling from the steepest decline in oil prices in recent history. A 50 percent decrease in crude prices since June, combined with maturing debts, has left E&P companies and related services companies looking for creative restructuring solutions. At the same time, energy investors and distressed investors are seeking opportunities for dealmaking.
McGuireWoods conducted an interactive panel discussion of the challenges, risks and developments in this rapidly shifting industry.
- Overview of bankruptcy basics
- Issues unique to oil and gas bankruptcies
- Investing in distressed oil and gas companies
- Current market and bankruptcy developments
- Mark A. Platt, Partner, Restructuring & Insolvency
- Dion W. Hayes, Partner, Restructuring & Insolvency
- Ryan T. Purpura, Partner, Private Equity
- David L. Ronn, Partner, Private Equity
- David P. McLean, Partner, Private Equity