12 – 1 p.m. (ET) | 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. (CT) | 9 – 10 a.m. (PT)
CLE credit applications will be made.
Does your company receive personal, employee or consumer data from the EU?
Are you aware of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)?
The McGuireWoods data privacy and security team invites you to a two-part webinar series on the new EU privacy law that goes into effect May 2018 and why U.S. companies need to comply.
Basic Introduction: Why U.S. Companies Should Pay Attention
Thursday, February 22, 2018
- How the U.S. concept of privacy differs from the EU’s
- Basic principles of the GDPR
- The transfer of personal data from the EU to the U.S.
- Consequences of noncompliance for U.S. companies
How U.S. Companies Can Legally Transfer Data
Thursday, March 1, 2018
- EU-U.S. Privacy Shield
- Adequacy decisions
- Other data transfer options (between affiliates, with third parties and one-time transfers)
- Derogations (exemptions)
- Mehboob R. Dossa, partner, London
- Janet P. Peyton, partner, Richmond
- Paul Van den Bulck, partner, Brussels
Who should attend
Anyone interested in learning more about the differences between EU and U.S. privacy law and the impact of the GDPR on U.S. companies