3 – 5:15 p.m.
Reception to follow
McGuireWoods invites you and your colleagues to attend Tom Spahn’s annual fall ethics program. We are excited to host this program in person this year at The Ritz-Carlton in Charlotte. You may also register for a virtual option that will be held
The two-hour interactive program uses hypotheticals to explore topics of interest to litigators and to transactional lawyers whose clients might face litigation
- Lawyers’ public communications about cases and judges
- Lawyers’ ex parte communications with adverse corporations’ current and former employees
- Threatening criminal or disciplinary charges
- Discovery techniques such as recording calls and accessing social media
- Exploiting inadvertently transmitted communications and metadata
- Filing ghostwritten and time-barred claims
Thomas E. Spahn
Spahn has served on the ABA Standing Committee on Ethics and Professional Responsibility, and has spoken at more than 2,000 CLE programs on ethics and other topics. Tom was selected as the 2013 and 2020 metro-Washington, D.C., “Lawyer of the Year” for “Bet the Company Litigation” by Best Lawyers®.
Face coverings are required in all indoor public areas of the hotel.
Current COVID-19 protocols for The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte are available here .
Our programs are intended for the benefit of our clients and contacts and we reserve the right to refuse any registration at our sole discretion.