9-11:15 a.m. (ET)
McGuireWoods invites you and your colleagues to attend Tom Spahn’s annual fall ethics program. We have decided to host this program virtually again this year. The two-hour interactive program uses hypotheticals to explore topics of interest to litigators and to transactional lawyers whose clients might face litigation.
- Lawyers’ public communications about cases and judges
- Lawyers’ ex parte communications with adverse corporations’ current and former employees
- Threatening criminal or disciplinary charges
- Discovery techniques such as recording calls and accessing social media
- Exploiting inadvertently transmitted communications and metadata
- Filing ghostwritten and time-barred claims
Thomas E. Spahn
Spahn has served on the ABA Standing Committee on Ethics and Professional Responsibility, and has spoken at more than 2,000 CLE programs on ethics and other topics. Tom was selected as the 2013 and 2020 metro-Washington, D.C., “Lawyer of the Year” for “Bet the Company Litigation” by Best Lawyers®.
We are seeking 2 hours of ethics MCLE credits for this program.
Our programs are intended for the benefit of our clients and contacts and we reserve the right to refuse any registration at our sole discretion.