Seven McGuireWoods lawyers in Charlotte, Raleigh and Wilmington have been named North Carolina Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” for 2010 in a recent study by Law & Politics magazine. The findings are published in the February 2010 editions of North Carolina Super Lawyers and Charlotte magazines.
Law & Politics conducts a regional survey of lawyers who have been in practice for at least five years, asking them to nominate the best attorneys they’ve personally observed in action. In addition, the magazine’s attorney-led research department reviews nominees’ credentials based on a set of evaluation criteria, including confirmation of licenses and histories of disciplinary action (which would remove them from consideration). To ensure a diverse and well-balanced list, the research staff considers factors such as firm size, practice area and geographic location.
McGuireWoods 2010 North Carolina Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” are:
- Jason D. Evans, Business Litigation
- Benjamin R. Holland, Employment & Labor
- Justin D. Howard, Business Litigation
- Brian A. Kahn, Business Litigation
- Gregory R. Kilpatrick, Business/Corporate
- Henry L. Kitchen, Jr., Business Litigation
- Barton C. Walker, Healthcare