In a recent study by Law & Politics magazine, 11 McGuireWoods lawyers in Charlotte, Raleigh and Wilmington were named North Carolina Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” for 2011. “Rising Stars” recognizes top up-and-coming attorneys who are 40 years old or younger, or who have been practicing 10 or fewer years. The findings appear in the publication’s North Carolina Super Lawyers magazine, the February 2011 issue of Charlotte magazine, and in The New York Times (North Carolina distribution) on Feb. 6, 2011.
McGuireWoods 2011 North Carolina Super Lawyers “Rising Stars”:
- John Huske Anderson Jr., Business Litigation (Wilmington)
- Susan P. Dion, Employment & Labor (Charlotte)
- Jason D. Evans, Business Litigation (Charlotte)
- Benjamin R. Holland, Employment & Labor (Charlotte)
- Justin D. Howard, Business Litigation (Raleigh)
- Henry L. Kitchin Jr., Business Litigation (Wilmington)
- Stephen S. Logue Jr., Real Estate (Wilmington)
- Paul M. Navarro, Employment & Labor (Charlotte)
- Bart Walker, Healthcare (Charlotte)
- Heather R. Wilson, Personal Injury Defense: Medical Malpractice (Raleigh)
As part of the selection process, Law & Politics conducts a regional survey of lawyers who have been in practice for at least five years, asking them to nominate the best attorneys they’ve personally observed in action. In addition, Law & Politics’ attorney-led research department reviews nominees’ credentials based on a set of evaluation criteria. To ensure a diverse and well-balanced list, researchers consider factors such as firm size, practice area and geographic location.