McGuireWoods’ capital markets team earned top 20 rankings in multiple categories in two prominent year-end league tables for advising corporate issuers and underwriters in an array of transactions in 2017.
The firm ranked among the leaders in four categories in Bloomberg’s 2017 Global Legal Adviser League Tables:
- 10th in volume ($15.8 billion) and 16th in deal count (14) in Global Bonds Issuer Advisers;
- 13th in volume ($24.7 billion) and 16th in deal count (25) in U.S. Investment Grade Corporate Bonds Issuer Advisers;
- 15th in volume ($24.7 billion) and 20th in deal count (25) in U.S. Corporate Bonds Issuer/Borrower Advisers; and
- 12th in volume (CA$1 billion) for Canada Corporate Bonds Issuer Advisers.
McGuireWoods also was among the best in Thomson Reuters’ Global Capital Markets Review:
- 18th in volume ($30.3 billion) and deal count (30) in U.S. Straight Debt Excluding Asset-Backed Securities (ABS) and Mortgage-Backed Securities (MBS);
- 19th in volume ($30.3 billion) and deal count (30) in U.S. Straight Debt Including ABS and MBS; and
- 12th in volume (CA$929.9 million) and ninth in deal count (2) for Canada All Debt.
McGuireWoods’ capital markets team has earned global recognition for its representation of corporate issuers and underwriters in complex corporate and securities matters, repeatedly ranking among the top law firms for debt and equity issuances in authoritative league tables.
“These rankings reflect the outstanding work our lawyers did on behalf of our clients in 2017,” said Greg Kilpatrick, chair of the firm’s Securities & Capital Markets Department. “We were proud to represent our clients in these transactions and look forward to an even stronger year in 2018.”