McGuireWoods’ capital markets team earned top 20 rankings in multiple categories in two prominent year-end league tables for advising corporate issuers and underwriters in transactions in 2018.
The firm completed 60 straight debt deals valued at $33.1 billion to rank among the leaders in the following categories in Thomson Reuters’ Global Capital Markets Review:
- fifth in deal count and eighth in value in U.S. Straight Debt Excluding Asset-Backed Securities (ABS) and Mortgage-Backed Securities (MBS);
- 10th in deal count and 13th in value in U.S. Straight Debt Including ABS and MBS;
- 11th in deal count and 15th in value in Global Straight Debt Excluding ABS and MBS; and
- 13th in deal count and 18th in value in Global Straight Debt Including ABS and MBS.
The firm also placed 13th in deal count (49) and 14th in value ($34.7 billion) for U.S. Debt, Equity and Equity-Related Transactions.
McGuireWoods ranked among the top firms in four categories in Bloomberg’s Global Legal Advisers league tables:
- 9th in volume ($29.4 billion) and 16th in deal count (22) in U.S. Investment Grade Corporate Bonds Issuer Advisers;
- 10th in volume ($29.4 billion) and 18th in deal count (22) in U.S. Corporate Bonds Issuer/Borrower Advisers;
- 15th in volume ($11.9 billion) in Global Bonds Issuer Advisers; and
- fifth in volume (CA$1.5 billion) for Canada Corporate Bonds Issuer Advisers.
“We were proud to assist our clients in closing these important deals and look forward to delivering another strong performance in 2019,” said Greg Kilpatrick, chair of the firm’s Securities & Capital Markets Department.
McGuireWoods’ capital markets team has earned global recognition for its representation of corporate issuers and underwriters in complex corporate and securities matters, repeatedly ranking among the top law firms for debt and equity issuances in authoritative league tables.