McGuireWoods once again ranked among the leading law firms for advising corporate issuers and underwriters in capital markets transactions, according to year-end league tables published by Bloomberg and Refinitiv.
McGuireWoods placed among the top firms in the following categories in Bloomberg’s Global Legal Advisers league tables:
- sixth in proceeds and 12th in deal count for Global Bonds Issuer Advisers;
- sixth in proceeds and 12th in deal count for U.S. Investment Grade Corporate Bonds Issuer/Borrower Advisers;
- ninth in proceeds and 12th in deal count for U.S. Corporate Bonds Issuer/Borrower Advisers; and
- 10th in proceeds and 11th in deal count for Canada Corporate Bonds Issuer Advisers.
In addition, the firm earned high rankings in the following categories in Refinitiv’s Global Capital Markets Review:
- 14th in proceeds and 17th in deal count for U.S. Straight Debt Excluding Asset-Backed Securities (ABS) and Mortgage-Backed Securities (MBS);
- 18th in proceeds for U.S. Debt, Equity, Equity-Related transactions;
- 19th in deal count for U.S. Straight Debt Including ABS and MBS;
- 20th in proceeds for Global Straight Debt deals; and
- 10th in deal count for Canada All Debt transactions.
The firm’s notable deals include representing Biofrontera Inc., the U.S. subsidiary of international biopharmaceutical company Biofrontera AG, in its initial public offering and a $15 million private placement in public equity (PIPE) offering. McGuireWoods also advised underwriters B. Riley Securities Inc. and Roth Capital Partners in a $35.2 million initial public offering of common stock by Journey Medical Corp., a spinoff from parent company Fortress Biotech.
The firm was nominated in 2021 for International Financial Law Review’s debt- and equity-linked “Deal of Year” for its role advising Bank of America in the issuance of a groundbreaking corporate social bond to support the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
“We are proud of the performance our capital markets team delivered for clients in 2021 and look forward to continuing our success in 2022,” said Greg Kilpatrick, chair of the firm’s Securities & Capital Markets Department.
McGuireWoods’ capital markets team has earned global recognition for its representation of corporate issuers and underwriters in complex corporate and securities matters, repeatedly ranking among the top law firms for debt and equity issuances in authoritative league tables.