Peter C. Butcher primarily helps structure and negotiate debt financing transactions for both financial institutions and borrowers.
Peter’s work includes secured transactions, acquisition and merger financing, leveraged finance, asset based financing, real estate financing and project finance, including large secured and unsecured, multiple lender and multi-currency credit facilities. He has also handled workouts and restructurings of troubled credits and negotiated intercreditor arrangements. He has experience in international banking, offshore finance, trade finance, repurchase and discounting agreements, Export-Import Bank insured and guaranteed credits, loan portfolio sales and bank regulatory matters, having represented commodity, manufacturing, retail, distribution, real estate, mining, energy, telecommunications, health care and high-tech companies.
Peter has presented seminars on secured transactions related to Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code. Peter has been invited to lecture at the Katz School of Business at the University of Pittsburgh on a variety of topics, including Contract Law and Secured Transactions.
- $3 billion borrower representation revolving credit facility for energy commodity trader.
- $300 million borrower representation cross-border revolving credit facility for energy commodity trader.
- $1.4 billion agent representation revolving credit facility for aerospace supply manufacturer.
- $400 million agent representation in revolving credit facility for homebuilder.
- $200 million agent representation in revolving credit for newspaper publisher.
- $200 million agent representation in subscription line revolving credit for real estate investment company.
- $150 million agent representation for ESOP revolving credit facility for trucking company.
- $200 million agent representation acquisition and revolving facility for private equity sponsored retail fixture manufacturer.
- $600 million borrower representation in multiple bi-lateral credit facilities with complex intercreditor arrangements.
University of Pittsburgh School of LawJD
cum laude, Executive Editor of the Law Review1995
- The Pennsylvania State UniversityBSAccounting1990
Allegheny County Bar Association
- Panelist, "ESG: Making Sense Out of the Evolution", SFNet Webinar, December 2, 2022
- Co-presenter, "ESG – Navigating the Sustainable Syndicated Lending Landscape", On Demand Session during SFNet’s 78th Annual Convention, November 7, 2022
- Speaker, "Sustainability Simplified - Effectively Navigating Your Sustainability and ESG Journey", Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) Pittsburgh October Meeting, October 20, 2021
- Speaker, "ESG: Challenges and Opportunities Facing Energy Companies in Developing and Complying with ESG Strategies and Reporting", International Energy Credit Association (IECA) Annual Meeting, October 10, 2021
- Speaker, 95th IECA Annual Conference, October 15, 2019
Selected for inclusion in “Legal 500 United States,” Commercial Lending, 2023
Selected for inclusion in America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Banking and Finance, Pittsburgh, Chambers USA, 2020-2023
Selected for inclusion as a “Leading Lawyer,” Energy Transactions: Conventional Power, Pennsylvania, Legal 500 US, 2017
Selected for inclusion as a “Leading Lawyer,” Project Finance: Advice To Lenders, Pennsylvania, Legal 500 US, 2017