Katie is a member of the firm’s commercial litigation department with a focus on financial services litigation, defending class actions involving consumer claims, and counseling clients through a broad array of complex business and contract disputes in both state and federal court. She is passionate about appellate practice after beginning her career as an appellate state court law clerk for Chief Judge Lori S. Rowe at Florida’s First District Court of Appeal.
While in law school, Katie served as production editor for the Florida Coastal Law Review and was an active competitor on Florida Coastal’s Mock Trial Team. Katie also gained invaluable experience during law school as a judicial intern for Judge Timothy J. Corrigan at the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
When not practicing law, Katie enjoys spending time outdoors with her husband Stephen and their golden retriever Mia tending to their amateur garden and chicken farm.
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- Author, En Banc 11th Circuit Joins Sister Circuits, Deeming One Text Message Enough for TCPA Standing, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, July 28, 2023
- Author, Pro-Business Amendments to Florida’s ‘Mini-TCPA’ Now in Effect, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, May 26, 2023
Florida Coastal School of LawJD
summa cum laude, Dean’s List, Editorial Board, Production Editor, Florida Coastal Law Review2017
Florida State UniversityBS
cum laude, Dean’s List2013
Member, Jacksonville Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
Volunteer, Hubbard House
Associate, Chester Bedell Inn of Court, Jacksonville, 2019-2020
Associate, William H. Stafford Inn of Court, Tallahassee, 2018-2019
- Hon. Lori Rowe, Florida First District Court of Appeal, 2016