Ryan is a second-generation Houstonian and a second-generation trial lawyer. He has experience representing clients in all phases of complex business litigation, obtaining multimillion-dollar recoveries for plaintiffs and total dismissals for defendants.
Ryan’s litigation experience runs the gamut—including trade secret misappropriation claims, oil and gas litigation, construction disputes, complex personal injury disputes, and non-competition agreement disputes. He also serves clients in a variety of industries, including the energy, construction, retail, and technology industries.
Ryan is a double-longhorn—he attended the University of Texas for both undergrad and for law school. He is also heavily involved in local bar initiatives and currently serves as a director for the Houston Young Lawyers Association and sits on the executive board for the Institute of Law and Technology’s Young Technology Professionals Group. Ryan has been recognized as a top young lawyer by Best Lawyers in America (“Ones to Watch” 2022, 2023, 2024).
- Representation of an owner in a dispute related to the construction of $175 million cogeneration facility in Alabama.
- Representation of construction contractor in wrongful termination and whistleblower claims.
- Representation of hospitality company in premises liability and negligence lawsuit.
- Representation of well operators in lawsuit over alleged production of migrated storage gas.
- Prosecuted bet-the-company trade secret and breach of fiduciary litigation for Fortune 150 energy company, obtaining a significant settlement at the eve of trial.
- Obtained directed verdict dismissal of injunction proceeding in Texas state court for appliance company and blue collar workers involving claims of breach of contract and restrictive covenants.
- Obtained multi-million dollar international arbitration award in favor of Ecuadorian engineering company against Brazilian construction company, including a six-figure award for pre-judgment interest and a six-figure award for attorney’s fees.
The University of Texas School of LawJD
Editorial Board Member, The Review of Litigation2019
The University of Texas at AustinBA
with High Honors2016
Executive Committee Member, Young Technology Professionals, Institute for Law & Technology
Board Member and Co-Chair of Evening with the Judiciary Committee, Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Speaker, Protecting Trade Secrets — From Invention to Injunction, July 26, 2022
- Presenter, "Trade Secrets, Temporary Restraining Orders (TROs), and War Stories", Houston Young Lawyers Association CLE, March 8, 2022
- Speaker, 35th Annual Evening with the Judiciary, Houston Young Lawyers Association, October 28, 2021
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
Selected for inclusion in “Ones to Watch,” Commercial Litigation, Best Lawyers in America, 2022, 2023, 2024
- Author, Supreme Court Decision Could Upend Personal Jurisdiction Landscape for National and Multinational Corporations, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, July 13, 2023
- Author, It’s No Longer a Secret—Parties Should Identify Their Trade Secrets Early in Litigation, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, April 4, 2023
- Co-author, "Sports Marketing Trade Secret Lessons From NBA Case", Law360, August 3, 2022
- Co-author, "High Court’s Tribal Ruling May Enable More Gambling In Texas", Law360, June 23, 2022