Frank focuses his practice on representing corporate debtors, creditors, and creditors’ committees in Chapter 11 cases in connection with a wide variety of matters, including section 363 asset sales and debtor-in-possession financing transactions. Frank also has experience defending creditors and trade vendors in various preference and fraudulent transfer actions brought under Chapter 5 of the Bankruptcy Code.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Frank served as an associate with the Pittsburgh office of a Michigan-based regional law firm, where he gained significant Chapter 9 experience having assisted with the representation of a major creditor group in connection with the City of Detroit’s bankruptcy case. Prior to entering private practice, Frank served as law clerk to the Honorable Judith K. Fitzgerald in the United States Bankruptcy Courts for the Western District of Pennsylvania, District of Delaware, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
At the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Frank served as Articles Editor for the University of Pittsburgh Law Review and was awarded both the American Bankruptcy Institute Medal of Excellence and the Allegheny County Bar Association’s Gerald K. Gibson Award for outstanding performance in bankruptcy law.
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, 2023, 2024
Named to “Pennsylvania Rising Stars,” Bankruptcy: Business, Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2014-2020
- Author, Fifth Circuit: Make-Whole Premiums Should Be Disallowed in Bankruptcy, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, November 14, 2022
- Author, 3rd Circuit Holds Post-Confirmation, Pre-Effective Date “Claims” Dischargeable in Bankruptcy, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, September 15, 2021
University of Pittsburgh School of LawJD
magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Articles Editor, University of Pittsburgh Law Review2010
The Ohio State UniversityBAHistory
Member, Bankruptcy and Commercial Law Section, Allegheny County Bar Association
Member, Turnaround Management Association
- Speaker, "Top Consumer Cases of the Year", PBI 17th Annual Bankruptcy Institute, September 2012
- Hon. Judith K. Fitzgerald, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, 2011-2013