Mary Lynne is an experienced energy regulatory lawyer who advises investor-owned electric and natural gas utilities in complex regulatory matters before state public utility commissions, including the North Carolina Utilities Commission.
Mary Lynne has served as lead counsel in proceedings for electric and gas clients involving business combination transactions, certificates of public convenience and necessity, codes of conduct and fuel adjustment applications. She has led teams in base rate proceedings for electric clients and led base rate proceedings for gas clients, including managing substantial amounts of discovery. Mary Lynne also advises natural gas companies and electric utilities on general business and strategic planning matters.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Mary Lynne was formerly in-house counsel for a major electric utility and since 1999, and has specialized in utility law in private practice.
- Represented utility in base rate case proceedings.
- Represented municipality in regulated company’s base rate case proceeding.
- Represented natural gas utility in natural gas transmission pipeline project.
- Represented electric utility in transmission certificate proceeding.
- Advised major telecommunication company regarding petition before North Carolina Utilities Commission to reduce intrastate switched access rates of rural incumbent local exchange carriers operating in North Carolina.
- Represented major telecommunications company in interconnection arbitrations.
- Duke University School of LawJD1992
- The University of North Carolina at CharlotteBA1989
The rules of professional conduct in some jurisdictions require disclosure of selection methodology for certain public accolades and recognitions. Click here to view available selection methodologies.
Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America, Energy Law, Woodward/White, Inc., 2013-2024
Selected for inclusion in America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Energy & Natural Resources, North Carolina, Chambers USA, 2021, 2022, 2023