Seth advises his U.S. and international clients (including investment funds) on a broad range of mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, public and private securities offerings (including PIPE transactions), equity co-investments, joint ventures, mezzanine financings, venture capital, and restructuring transactions.
Particularly experienced in representing clients in the technology, media and telecommunications (TMT) and technology/biotechnology industries and in advising on international/cross-border transactions, Seth also advises clients on general corporate matters, various aspects of corporate governance and compliance with federal securities laws.
Outside of the office, Seth is an active member of The Danish-American Chamber of Commerce, New York, and has served on its board of directors for several years and, since 2021, has served as its chairman.
Seth is a co-founder of, and regular presenter at, the life sciences conference known as DKBIO, which he organizes with The Royal Danish Consulate and the Innovation Centre of Denmark, Boston. DKBIO brings together biotech companies, medical device and technology companies, pharmaceutical companies, business developers and investors from the U.S., Denmark and other Nordic countries for an annual event to build bridges between life science innovation in the Nordic region and the U.S.
- Represented talent agency Wasserman Music in its acquisition of Paradigm Music UK’s live music representation business. The deal expands Wasserman Music’s client roster, which includes globally represented artists such as Billie Eilish, Drake, Imagine Dragons, Kacey Musgraves, Kenny Chesney, Liam Gallagher, Pharrell and Sturgill Simpson, with the addition of artists represented outside North America, including Bon Iver, Mark Ronson, Rita Ora, Robyn and Shawn Mendes.
- Represented Wasserman, a global sports, music and marketing agency, in numerous M&A transactions, including:
- acquisition of The Montag Group, a preeminent media agency known for representing talented sportscasters, including Bob Costas, Jim Nantz and Dick Vitale, adding world-class executives, agents and services to support its clients across all stages of their careers;
- cross-border acquisition of Points West Sports & Entertainment, Inc., an agency that represents NHL players;
- acquisition of Riddle & Bloom, a specialized “Ideas and Access” agency that helps clients understand and thoughtfully market to the next generation of consumers: college students, high schoolers and young professionals; and
- acquisition of Greg Norman Production Company (GNPC) from Greg Norman, the legendary golfer. GNPC is one of the golf industry’s foremost event management firms overseeing several of the sport’s marquee tournaments.
- Represented Thrive, a leading provider of NextGen managed services, in several add-on acquisitions that significantly expanded its geographic reach and enhanced its Next Generation Technology platform.
- Represented Biofrontera Inc. (Nasdaq: BFRI), the U.S.-based subsidiary of Biofrontera AG (Nasdaq: BFRA), an international biopharmaceutical company, as issuer’s counsel in its initial public offering of common stock and warrants.
- Represented VLP Therapeutics, Inc. in transformative equity investments led by strategic as well as institutional investors in Japan and the U.S. VLP Therapeutics is a U.S.‑based biotech company engaged in research and development of a cancer treatment vaccine as well as prophylactic vaccines against malaria, dengue and other infectious diseases using its proprietary platform technologies.
- Represented one of the institutional investors in $1.8 billion Series B funding of Commonwealth Fusion Systems LLC to commercialize fusion energy. This includes capital to construct, commission, and operate SPARC, the world’s first commercially relevant net energy fusion machine. In addition, it will enable the company to begin work on ARC, the first commercial fusion power plant, which includes developing support technologies, advancing the design, identifying the site, and assembling the partners and customers for the future of fusion power.
- Represented FBR Capital Markets in its “at-the-market” offering for Soligenix (Nasdaq: SNGX), a late-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on develop and commercializing products to treat rare diseases.
- Represented Biofrontera AG (Nasdaq: BFRA), an international biopharmaceutical company, as issuer’s counsel in its U.S. initial public offering of American Depositary Shares and subsequent trading on Nasdaq.
- Represented U.S.-based software engineering and professional services company in its sale to a leading software and services provider based in Israel.
- Represented Evolution Fresh Inc., a premium juice product company started by the founder of Naked Juice, in the sale of the company to Starbucks Corporation.
- Represented Fila Korea Ltd. and Mirae Asset Private Equity in connection with their leveraged buy-out acquisition of the Acushnet Company golf business from Fortune Brands, Inc.
- Represented NYSE-listed manufacturer and marketer of skin care, makeup, fragrance and hair care products in connection with its purchase of a prestige skin care company.
- Represented private investment fund in connection with a global private placement of shares of Evonik Industries AG, a German specialty chemicals maker. The private placement constituted the largest-ever pre-IPO capital markets financing in Germany.
- Represented significant equity investor with respect to its investment in connection with the $45 billion acquisition of TXU Corp., the Texas energy company. The transaction represents the largest leveraged buyout in history.
- Represented U.S. private investment funds in connection with formation of a Virgin America Airlines.
- Represented one of the largest supermarket companies in the world in connection with its $2.5 billion acquisition of a supermarket chain in the United States.
- Represented joint venture formed to design, market, install, own, operate and maintain a neutral, shared wireless infrastructure to provide commercial wireless cellular and internet service to subway riders within the 277 underground subway stations in New York City, in connection with an investment by the owner and operator of one of the most extensive wireless terrestrial transmission networks in the world.
- Represented U.S.-based private investment fund in connection with several rounds of preferred stock financings of European data center/colocation services provider.
- Represented NYSE-listed medical device company in connection with various cross-border business acquisitions.
- Represented NYSE-listed dermatological pharmaceutical company in connection with the acquisition of rights to certain products.
- Represented seller of health care business that included six hospitals in Eastern Massachusetts.
- Represented private investment fund in connection with its equity investment in developer of a natural gas processing straddle plant.
- Represented private investment fund in connection with its investment in debt and equity of a company engaged in the business of developing, owning and operating multi-product biorefineries using proprietary technologies to produce ethanol and specialty chemicals from traditional feedstocks and waste biomass.
- Represented private investment funds in connection with various equity investments in international shipping and logistics companies.
- Represented bondholders’ committee in connection with the $510 million bond restructuring of a Mexican transportation and logistics company.
- Represents private equity and mezzanine debt investment funds in connection with equity and debt investments in LBO transactions.
- Represents Danish and other Nordic companies in connection with U.S. corporate, structuring and other transactional matters.
- New York
Columbia Law SchoolJD
Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar1995
magna cum laude1991
- Speaker, "The U.S. and Nordic Public Markets: Strategies for a Successful Company", Nordic Growth Summit, Copenhagen, Denmark, October 26, 2022
- Speaker, Independent Sponsors of New York Networking Lunch, New York, NY, September 6, 2022
- Speaker, "Key Steps for Successful Internationalization", Leap Forward Accelerator Program, New York, NY, May 4, 2022
- Moderator/Speaker, "Experiences from Scandinavia to the U.S.", DKBIO 2022, Cambridge, MA, April 6, 2022
- Speaker, Independent Sponsors of New York Networking Event, New York, NY, March 29, 2022
- Speaker, "Accelerators and Useful Networks", Canute NYC Program, New York, NY, March 2, 2022
- Speaker, Independent Sponsors of New York Networking Lunch, December 9, 2021
- Speaker, Independent Sponsors of New York Networking Lunch, September 28, 2021
- Speaker, Independent Sponsors of New York Virtual Roundtable, September 23, 2020
- Moderator/Speaker, "The ABCs of Financial Tools in the Toolbelt", DKBIO 2019 – Danish Science & The City NYC Edition, New York, NY, April 11, 2019
- Moderator, "Born Global: Strategies for Companies Looking Across Borders", DKBIO 2018 – Danish Science & The City Boston Edition, Boston, MA, April 10, 2018
- Moderator, "Executive Roundtable - Life Sciences Industry Update", 9th Annual Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Conference, Chicago, IL, November 16, 2017
- Speaker, "Living the Public Life: IPO and Beyond", DKBIO2017: Danish Science & the City, New York, NY, April 7, 2017
- Moderator, "Increased Returns Through Successful Partnerships", Co-Investing 2017, Financial Research Associates, New York, NY, March 29, 2017
- Moderator/Speaker, "Demystifying the U.S. IPO Process", 2016 Danish Biotech Conference, New York, NY, April 12, 2016
- Speaker, Resolving Problems in Your Co-Investment: What Options Exist for Unhappy LPs?, Financial Research Associates, New York, NY, September 28-29, 2015
- Speaker, "How Active of a Role Should Investors Take? Establishing Governance", FRA’s Co-Investing 2015, Financial Research Associates, New York, NY, April 27-28, 2015