Kristen concentrates her practice on transactional work for financial institutions with a focus on real estate finance and commercial lending.
She represents national and regional banks, specialty lenders and other financial institutions in a wide variety of financing transactions, including acquisition, construction and development loans, permanent mortgage loans, loan participations and syndications, asset based loans and revolving credit facilities. Kristen regularly leads large dollar, multistate real estate portfolio transactions. She has experience financing all types of real property collateral and other assets. In addition, Kristen has extensive experience representing banks and lenders in large loan work outs and complex restructuring matters, including settlements, foreclosures, note sales and REO disposition.
Prior to joining the firm, Kristen spent four years as in-house counsel for Ginnie Mae, where she acquired a specialized knowledge of mortgaged-backed securities. She has used this background in representing clients in connection with CMBS loan origination and securitizations and in GSE and governmental loan programs. Kristen serves as a member of the firm’s Opinion Committee with responsibilities related to the firm’s review and issuance of bankruptcy non-consolidation opinions.
- Representation of agent bank in asset-based syndicated revolving credit facility secured by thirteen retail centers in multiple states.
- Representation of agent bank in financing the repositioning and tenant improvements for a downtown multistory shopping center, consisting of both ground lease and fee owned parcels subject to mixed-use condominium regime.
- Representation of agent bank in construction loan to convert two downtown towers from office to residential use.
- Representation of agent bank in acquisition and rehabilitation financing of downtown office building containing various GSA leases and credit enhancement provided by a master lease structure.
- Representation of agent bank in construction facility for major tenant retrofit with multilayer ground lease, prime lease and sub-lease structure.
Brigham Young University J. Reuben Clark Law SchoolJD
- Brigham Young UniversityBA1988
Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America, Banking and Finance Law, Woodward/White, Inc., 2013-2024
Selected for inclusion in America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Real Estate, Northern Virginia, Chambers USA, 2020, 2021