Kim’s practice concentrates on complex commercial, fiduciary, and financial services litigation in federal and state courts. She represents corporate trustees and personal representatives in probate and estate litigation, trust disputes, and in matters involving breach of fiduciary duty claims.
Her experience also includes a wide array of business and commercial contract litigation matters. In addition, Kim’s practice includes the representation of financial institutions in the response to subpoenas and garnishments, and in other third- and non-party matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Kim served as a volunteer law clerk to the Honorable Timothy J. Corrigan, U.S. District Court Judge for the Middle District of Florida. While in law school, Kim received a Book Award for Florida, the Constitution, and the U.S. Supreme Court. She was the Historical Society Chair of The Florida Moot Court Team. She was also a Legal Research and Writing and Appellate Advocacy teaching assistant, and Chester Bedell Inn of Court Pupil. As an undergraduate, Kim studied abroad at Universidad Internacional Menéndez Pelayo in Sevilla,Spain.
University of FloridaJD
cum laude, Dean’s List, Student Works Editor, Journal of Law and Public Policy2012
University of FloridaBAEconomics and Political Science
cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa2008
Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Commercial Litigation, Litigation – Banking and Finance, 2021-2024
Named to “Florida Rising Stars,” Civil Litigation: Defense, Estate & Trust Litigation, Business Litigation, Thomson Reuters, 2018-2023
- Author, Recent Cases of Interest to Fiduciaries: July 2022, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, July 19, 2022
- Author, Recent Cases of Interest to Fiduciaries: November 2021, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, November 11, 2021
- Author, Recent Cases of Interest to Fiduciaries: September 2020, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, September 2, 2020
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Hon. Timothy Corrigan, U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, 2012