Paul concentrates on real estate and real estate finance, and has represented regional, national and international lending institutions in transactions with a focus on commercial real estate development and finance, including previous experience and focus in the origination of loans for the commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) market.
He also represents companies in general business matters and transactions, including the purchase and sale of assets, lending matters and entity creation and structure.
- Representation of leading financial institution in matters relating to analysis, acquisition, stabilization and sale of over 100 commercial and development properties.
- Representation of Fortune 20 lending institution in connection with loan transactions extended to Major League Baseball franchises.
- Representation of leading lending institution in connection with timberland loans throughout southeastern United States.
- Representation of financial institution in connection with $550 million syndicated loan transaction involving international building supply company.
- Representation of financial institutions in origination of loans as part of Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities program.
- Wake Forest University School of LawJD2003
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel HillBS2000
Member, North Carolina Bankers Association
Member and Committee Member, North Carolina Coastal Land Trust
Member, Real Estate Section; Business Law Section, North Carolina Bar Association
Member, New Hanover County Bar Association
- North Carolina
- Co-author, "Single Family Residential Portfolio Financing: The Pixilation of Commercial Real Estate", CRE Finance World, Winter 2015