Micaylee harnesses extensive litigation experience gained from her clerkships in state and federal trial court to obtain excellent results for her clients.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Micaylee served clerkships with the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia (2018-2019) and the Norfolk Circuit Court (2017-2018).
- Experience in financial services litigation, with specialization in all manner of trust and estates litigation up to and through trial.
- Represented financial institutions in defense of claims under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Truth in Lending Act, Fair Housing Act, and other similar claims at the trial and appellate levels.
- Successfully represented clients in prosecuting and defending antitrust, patent infringement, and trade secrets claims.
- Prevailed in numerous employment-related cases, including enforcement of non-compete and non-solicitation clauses, and against discrimination claims.
University of Richmond School of LawJD
magna cum laude, Senior Notes and Comments Editor, Executive Board, Richmond Law Review2017
San Diego State UniversityBAPolitical Science
Newsletter Editor, I’Anson-Hoffman American Inn of Court, 2018 – present
Member, Bench Bar Committee, Norfolk-Portsmouth Bar Association, 2020 – present
- Author, U.S. Attorneys’ Offices Adopt Policy Incentivizing Self-Disclosure of Corporate Misconduct, Subject to Inquiry, February 27, 2023
- Co-author, Technology and the Practice of Law: A Necessary Union, The Bencher, November/December 2018
- Co-author, Some Expectations When Practicing in Norfolk Circuit Court, Norfolk-Portsmouth Bar Bulletin, NPBA, March 2018
- Author, Mutt Mutation: Man’s Harmful Interference into Canine Genetics, 5:2 LAWS & PAWS 49, NY State Bar Assoc., 2017
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- Speaker, "5 in 35: Annual Intellectual Property Update", Virginia State Bar Conference, July 2019
- Virginia Norfolk Circuit Court, 2017-2018
- Hon. Leonard Lawrence, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, 2018-2019