Dayan’s practice focuses on debt financing, primarily in the middle and lower middle market. Dayan concentrates on acquisition financings, asset-based lending, a broad variety of cash flow-based debt financings, including first and second lien debt, unitranche financings, mezzanine debt and others, and financings based on annualized recurring revenue.
As part of his commitment to providing top-tier client service, Dayan also prides himself on being a people connector for his lender, private equity, corporate and family office clients.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Dayan was trained at two other AmLaw 100 firms and also started and built a successful debt finance practice at a prestigious regional law firm where he was the managing partner in Los Angeles. Dayan also served as a director of legal for UBS Investment Bank in Tokyo.
“Clients in this space want lawyers who are debt finance black belts and are highly responsive. Clients also want their deals to get done, especially in debt finance where most of the time all parties are working towards a common goal and time frames are often compressed. I enjoy collaborating with all deal participants to achieve that common goal in a sensible, commercial manner. I also enjoy helping clients with their business where I can, including introducing emerging managers and independent sponsors to limited partners, introducing lenders to sponsors and trying to be part of the connective tissue in the middle market ecosystem.”
- Represented a Miami-based private equity firm its acquisition financings of an engineering and design firm and an environmental consulting firm.*
- Represented a Denver-area private equity firm in a financing for a high-end commercial graphic communications and marketing company and in its acquisition of a manufacturer of needle punch nonwoven specialty fabrics.*
- Represented multiple middle market and lower middle market non-bank debt funds in numerous platform and add-on acquisition financings for their respective sponsored and non-sponsored borrower clients using cash-flow, unitranche, ARR and mezzanine financing.*
- Represented multiple bank lenders in documenting numerous loans to their respective borrower clients in a broad range of industries, including broadcasting, data-driven marketing, HVAC sales and installation, hunting gear, fiber to the home providers and steel manufacturers.*
- Represented a large, privately-held performance footwear and clothing brand in refinancing its revolving credit facility.*
- Represented a publicly traded fashion and performance footwear brand in refinancing its revolving credit facility.*
- Represented an engineering and technical services firm in its senior secured financing and mezzanine financing along with refinancing those financings.*
- Represented a leading online nutrition and wellness company in its asset-based financing and its term loan.*
- Represented a provider of luxury coaches to the entertainment industry in its financing and refinancing.*
- Represented a staffing services company in its asset-based financings.*
- Represented multiple family offices making debt investments in disparate industries, among other things, an exclusive national social club, a pharmaceutical company, an SBA lender, a wet wipe manufacturer, and a provider of industrial water treatment solutions.*
*Experience handled prior to joining McGuireWoods.