As a former Big Four consultant, Stuart brings a pragmatic, business first approach to his transactions, focusing on the issues that are critical to his clients’ success.
Stuart is a partner in the firm’s M&A and Corporate Transactions Department, and he advises public companies, privately held businesses and financial institutions on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, corporate finance, securities law and a wide range of general transactional and corporate matters.
Stuart has represented companies and investors across a variety of industries, including manufacturing, infrastructure, technology, insurance, real estate financial services and energy.
- Representation of Compass Diversified Holdings (NYSE: CODI), a North America-based leading middle market acquirer and manager of niche industrial and branded consumer companies, in the $25 million sale of its majority-owned subsidiary, Anodyne Medical Device, Inc., also doing business and known as Tridien Medical, to Hill-Rom, Inc., a manufacturer of hospital beds, furniture, other health care equipment and medical technology systems.
- Representation of John Laing Infrastructure Fund Limited, one of Europe’s largest listed infrastructure funds, in its $215 million acquisition of 100% interest in Project Service LLC, the operator of 23 highway service areas in Connecticut, from The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG).
- Representation of CECO Environmental Corp. (NASDAQ: CECE), a leading global environmental, energy and fluid handling company, in its approximately $138 million acquisition of PMFG Inc. (NASDAQ: PFMG), a pollution abatement and contamination filtration equipment maker.
- Representation of The Dentists Insurance Company, a subsidiary of the California Dental Association, in its $38.6 million purchase of Dentists Benefits Insurance Company (DBIC), Dentists Benefits Corporation (DBC) and Northwest Dentists Insurance Company (NORDIC) from Moda, Inc.
- Representation of Fox Factory Holding Corp. (NASDAQ: FOXF), a designer and manufacturer of high-performance suspension products for vehicles, in its $52 million asset purchase of the Race Face and Easton Cycling businesses composed of designing, manufacturing and distribution of mountain and road bike wheels and high-performance cycling components.
- Representation of Forest City Realty Trust (NYSE: FCE.A), an American diversified real estate management and development company, in its $7.5 million sale of photovoltaic farms located in Hawaii to Gatehouse Partners, LLC.
- Representation of United Insurance Holdings Corp. (NASDAQ: UIHC), a property and casualty insurance holding company, in its $57 million acquisition of Interboro Insurance Company.
- Representation of Louis Berkman Work Products Company LLC, in the sale of two of its wholly owned subsidiaries, Meyer Products, LLC and Swenson Spreader LLC, both ice and snow management equipment makers, to ASH North America, Inc. for $47.5 million.
The University of Texas School of LawJD
The University of Texas at AustinBBA
with High Honors1999
- Speaker, Independent Sponsors of Dallas I Virtual Roundtable, September 25, 2020