Alex focuses her practice in the areas of insolvency and restructuring, in which she represents a wide range of clients in all stages of bankruptcy, restructuring, and workout matters. Her clients include leading financial institutions as administrative agents and major lenders to companies experiencing financial distress, creditors (including global health care and energy companies), contract counterparties, investors, liquidating trustees, and other interested parties. She routinely handles distressed and healthy syndicated credit facilities, as well as a variety of other lending and general restructuring matters, including acquisition financing.
Alex develops growing business relationships with clients by providing resourceful solutions and practical advice on complex restructuring issues. Alex also serves as a restructuring and insolvency resource for the firm’s CBD team.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Alex practiced with the Tulsa office of an Oklahoma law firm where she gained experience in various areas of civil litigation and bankruptcy.
The University of Oklahoma College of LawJD
with Highest Honors, Order of the Coif, Assistant Managing Editor, Oklahoma Law Review2015
Indiana UniversityBSBallet with a minor in Spanish
with High Distinction2011
Board Member, Chicago chapter of International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC)
- Author, More Courts Reject FERC’s Jurisdictional Claims in Battle Over Rejection of Filed-Rate Contracts in Bankruptcy, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, August 19, 2022
- Author, Delaware Bankruptcy Court Enforces Stay, Compels Certain CMS Payments, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, September 12, 2019
- Author, Bankruptcy and Trademark Licenses — Are Yours Safe?, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, October 2, 2018
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, 2023, 2024