Haley practices in the areas of consumer financial services regulation and financial services litigation. She is also a member of the firm’s Data Privacy and Security team, focusing on compliance issues relating to state and federal privacy laws.
Consumer Financial Services Regulatory
Haley counsels organizations with respect to the Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Electronic Fund Transfer Act (EFTA), and equivalent state-level financial services, consumer protection, and unfair trade practices laws. She also routinely assists clients with licensing and responses to regulatory inquires.
Financial Services Litigation
Haley also has experience litigating on behalf of clients in the financial services industry, particularly areas involving consumer and financial services. Haley has helped defend credit card issuers, national banks, vehicle finance companies and other financial institutions in putative class actions across the country. Haley’s experience also includes litigating consumer finance claims (FCRA, FDCPA, UCC) and allegations of improper fees.
Haley also represents major financial institutions in Ponzi scheme and financial fraud cases across the country. This work involves internal investigations through litigation brought on behalf of individuals, bankruptcy trustees, and receivers seeking to hold banks liable for victim’s losses or seeking to recover fraudulent transfers. Haley is co-editor and frequent author on McGuireWoods’ Ponzi Perspectives blog.
Data Privacy and Security
Haley has experience in data breach events from initial discovery to resolution including investigation, federal and state notification analysis, remediation, and corrective action.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
Finalist, Murray S. Love Trial Moot Court Competition, 2020
Recipient, CALI Award, Legislation and Regulation, 2017
University of Pittsburgh School of LawJD
cum laude, Order of the Coif, Topics Editor, University of Pittsburgh Law Review2020
West Virginia UniversityBACriminology
summa cum laude, Dean’s Scholar2017
Member, Allegheny County Bar Association
Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Co-author, Ruling Clarifies Bankruptcy Courts’ Class Action Jurisdiction, Law360, September 6, 2023
- Author, Ponzi Perspectives: 2023 Midyear Roundup, Ponzi Perspectives, July 24, 2023
- Author, Ponzi Perspectives: 2022 Year-End Roundup, Ponzi Perspectives, February 23, 2023
- Author, CFPB Charges Schools With “Abusive” Act of Denying Academic Transcripts to Students With Debts, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, October 12, 2022
- Author, Ponzi Perspectives: 2022 Midyear Roundup, Ponzi Perspectives, August 12, 2022
- Author, Note, The Heart of Appalachia is on Life Support: How West Virginia Can Revive its Economy in a Post-Coal Era, 81 U. Pitt. L. Rev. 851, 2020