Robin handles international intellectual property and technology development, protection, enforcement, licensing, and commercialization matters for clients in the entertainment, energy, biotechnology, consumer products, and retail industries. She manages worldwide intellectual property portfolios for a variety of clients, including those having famous trademark rights, and regularly advises on IP transactions and securitizations.
Robin has extensive experience with software and other technology licensing and development agreements and related transactions, domain name management and dispute resolution, e-commerce issues, data analytics, advertising law, trademark law and copyright matters. Robin’s licensing experience includes both for-profit and non-profit parties as well as universities and other educational institutions covering a wide array of goods and services found in numerous industries such as energy, medical device/pharmaceutical development, consumer goods and services, food and beverage products, music and entertainment and data analysis offerings.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Robin was an attorney at Studio Ubertazzi in Milan, Italy. In 1997, she studied International Law and Economics of the European Union at Cambridge University.
- Representation of global lifestyle and sporting goods company, managing the worldwide intellectual property portfolios and licensing programs.
- Representation of a North American retailer of energy and energy services and its parent company in the $60 million acquisition of an Israeli energy management firm, which provides technology to help lower energy consumption, reduce operating costs and increase overall operational efficiency
- Representation of global sports and entertainment company, managing the protection and licensing for both branded and private label offerings.
- Representation of leading medical device and pharmaceutical company in its licensing program and related intellectual property interests, including in connection with mRNA vaccine applications.
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America, Trademark Law, Woodward/White, Inc., 2020-2024
Selected for inclusion in America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Intellectual Property, Southern Virginia, Chambers USA, 2004-2023
Named to “Legal Elite,” Intellectual Property 2012; Intellectual Property/Information Technology, 2019, Virginia Business
- Author, Supreme Court Trademark Ruling Shows You Can’t Judge a Book(ing) by Its .Com, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, July 2, 2020
- Author, Don’t Stop Now! Trademark Registration Is Just the Beginning, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, November 12, 2019
- University of Richmond School of LawJD1999
- James Madison UniversityBSEconomics1995
Member, American Bar Association
Member, Intellectual Property Section, Virginia State Bar
Member, Greater Richmond Intellectual Property Law Association
Founding Associate Board Member, SPCA
- Moderator, "IP Considerations in Acquisitions, Partnerships and Other Collaborations", 9th Annual Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Conference, Chicago, IL, November 16, 2017
- Speaker, "IP Litigation, Royalty Agreements and Other IP Issues", 6th Annual Medical Device and Life Sciences Conference, November 18, 2014