Jenny focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation, advising corporate clients in a wide variety of litigation matters. Jenny has experience litigating matters involving high-risk consumer class actions, Ponzi schemes, civil conspiracies, contract, tort, statutory, and related business claims. She handles all aspects of state and federal litigation including discovery, settlement, pleadings, dispositive motions and trial.
Jenny also has experience representing major financial services clients in examination, inquiries, and informal and formal investigations initiated by FINRA and other state securities regulators and conducting internal investigations.
Jenny also served as a legal extern for Judge Donovan Frank of the U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota.
- Defense of a major financial institution in multiple claims in multidistrict class action litigation alleging violations of civil RICO, BHCA, and multi-state consumer protection acts for lender placed insurance.
- Defense of a major financial institution in a nationwide class action lawsuit alleging breach of contract and violations of federal and Florida state laws relating to consumer finance products.
- Defense of a major financial institution in a nationwide class action alleging breach of contract, violations of TILA, and California state laws related to Guaranteed Auto Protection refunds.
- Defense of a major financial institution in a California state action related to processing of checking, wires, and electronic funds transfers.
- Represented a financial institution client in responding to a demand from a federal banking regulator to investigate and interview over 700 client employees in a three-month period of time.
- Defense of a major financial institution in a nationwide class action alleging breach of contract and violation of multi-state consumer protection acts related to checking and savings account fees.
- Defense of a major financial institution in a class action alleging aiding and abetting of a Ponzi scheme.
- Defense of a major corporation against claims for breach of commercial land use agreements.
- Representing a major financial services corporation in responding to FINRA inquiries related to broker-dealer reporting requirements.
- Representation of a number of investors and finance companies involved in disputes with insurance companies over high value life insurance policies sold on the life settlement markets.
- Prevailed in federal court in full dismissal of claims against a corporate client over a commercial land use dispute.
- Prevailed in Washington state court on full dismissal of a class action asserting claims under the Washington Consumer Protection law over alleged improper garnishment of protected funds.
- Prevailed in federal court in full dismissal of RICO claims against Board of Directors of a financial institution.
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit
Named to “Northern California Rising Stars,” Securities Litigation, Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2022, 2023
Recipient, McGuireWoods Excellence Award, 2019
- University of San FranciscoBA
University of Minnesota Law SchoolJD
New York City Bar Diversity Fellow, New York City Bar Association
Member, Korean American Bar Association of Northern California
Member, The Bar Association of San Francisco
Co-Chair, Financial Services Network, NAPABA, 2021-present