Leading in-house and government attorneys and McGuireWoods’ Healthcare Litigation Practice Group conducted an in-depth discussion of critical litigation issues and trends in the healthcare industry. This event highlighted governmental and civil litigation issues across key healthcare areas, with a focus on hospitals and health systems, health plans, ambulatory surgery centers and device firms.
Featured Panelists Included
Government and enforcement professionals, in-house counsel from industry leaders, including Aetna, CareSource, Cleveland Clinic, Humana, and Walgreen Co., and outside counsel.
- Keynote Panel: Healthcare Litigation Trends: The Government Perspective on Enforcement, Administrative Actions and Sanctions Robert Barba, Assistant Attorney General, Office of the Illinois Attorney General Steven Dollear, Assistant U.S. Attorney, U.S. Department of Justice Jeff Jamrosz, Special Agent, FBI George Terwilliger, Partner, McGuireWoods LLP
- Robert Barba, Assistant Attorney General, Office of the Illinois Attorney General
- Steven Dollear, Assistant U.S. Attorney, U.S. Department of Justice
- Jeff Jamrosz, Special Agent, FBI
- George Terwilliger, Partner, McGuireWoods LLP
- Payor/Provider Payment Disputes: Recent Trends and Winning Strategies
- Litigation Prevention: Robust Compliance Programs and Internal Investigations
- What’s New in HIPAA and Data Security: Breaches, Enforcement and HIPAA as a Conduct Standard
- Streamlining Litigation, Legal Project Management and Cost Reduction
- Avoiding Antitrust Pitfalls in Provider and Payor Transactions
- False Claims Act: Key Considerations and Recent Developments