McGuireWoods’ capital markets team earned top 10 rankings in multiple categories in two prominent league tables for advising corporate issuers and underwriters in transactions during the first three months of 2019.
The firm closed 17 straight debt deals valued at $8.8 billion to rank among the leaders in the following categories in league tables published by Refinitiv, formerly the financial and risk business of Thomson Reuters:
- fourth in deal count for U.S. Straight Debt Excluding Asset-Backed Securities (ABS) and Mortgage-Backed Securities (MBS);
- sixth in deal count for U.S. Straight Debt Including ABS and MBS;
- seventh in deal count for U.S. Debt, Equity and Equity-Related;
- ninth in deal count for Global Straight Debt Excluding ABS and MBS; and
- 10th in deal count for Global Straight Debt Including ABS and MBS.
McGuireWoods also ranked among the top firms in three categories in Bloomberg’s Global Legal Advisers league tables. The firm was eighth in proceeds for U.S. Investment Grade Corporate Bonds and 10th in proceeds for U.S. Corporate Bonds.
McGuireWoods’ notable first-quarter transactions include advising Dominion Energy on the sale of $600 million of senior notes and serving as underwriters’ counsel to National Securities Corp. and Craig-Hallum Capital Group in connection with a $7.1 million follow-on equity offering by RumbleOn.
“We were proud to assist our valued clients in closing these significant deals and look forward to continuing our positive momentum through the remainder of 2019,” said Greg Kilpatrick, chair of McGuireWoods’ Securities & Capital Markets Department.
McGuireWoods’ capital markets team has earned global recognition for its representation of corporate issuers and underwriters in complex corporate and securities matters, repeatedly ranking among the top law firms for debt and equity issuances in authoritative league tables.