Sam is an associate who has a breadth of litigation experience from representing individuals to corporations in both state and federal court. Sam counsel’s clients from litigation avoidance and pre-litigation disputes through discovery and trial. Sam has represented clients in both the government contracting space and the commercial sector. Sam also counsels small companies through formation, ownership transitions and various growth stages.
Sam is originally from Denver, Colorado and when he’s not working enjoys following Colorado sports teams.
- Represented corporation in dispute with former shareholder who claimed ownership based on outstanding share certificate – won favorable verdict and Court ordered share certificate returned
- Represented non-profit organization and individual in litigation against fraudulent healthcare provider who was practicing without a license and their insurer.
- Represented parties in insurance coverage disputes including duty to defend and indemnify.
- Represented company in claim against former CEO for fraud, state RICO, and trade secrets violations when he misappropriated company assets to startup new company
- Advised companies regarding ownership changes and negotiated terms of repurchase.
- Represented clients in employment discrimination claims and counseled through the EEOC administrative process and litigation in District court.
- Counseled federal employees through personnel discipline and misconduct charges including through the MSPB and District court.
- Represented and counseled employers in litigation challenging personnel decisions.
Antonin Scalia Law School, George Mason UniversityJD
Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Law, Economics & Policy2011
University of Colorado Denver, Business SchoolBABusiness Administration, Finance & Accounting, minor in Political Science
magna cum laude, Dean’s List2008
- Speaker, GCubed Business Roundtable, October 2021
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia