Addison’s practice focuses on financial services, energy and complex commercial litigation. Addison represents corporations and national financial institutions in a wide variety of high-stakes litigation in both state and federal court.
Addison is passionate about pro bono work and using her legal skills to serve the community, as demonstrated by her involvement in various community and charitable events in the Dallas community, and in Texas at large.
Addison graduated from the Villanova University School of Law where she was selected for and served as the Chairman of the Moot Court Board and competed in numerous, prestigious competitions across the country. In addition, Addison worked as a legal extern for the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania’s Office of Disciplinary Counsel.
Prior to law school, Addison worked in the insurance industry at a Fortune 100 Company, and is knowledgeable about risk management and resolving coverage issues.
- Defeated motion for temporary restraining order brought by defendant in advertising and defamation suit.
- Secured directed verdict at trial for mortgage servicer against real estate investment scheme.
- Represented non-profit charitable organization in resolving contentious non-compete matter.
- Obtained summary judgment for strategic business and taxation planning entity in complicated breach of contract matter.
- Advised clients on complex legal issues involving various commercial transactions.
- Villanova University School of LawJD2018
- Southern Methodist UniversityBAPolitical Science2014
Member, Dallas Women Lawyers
Member, Dallas Young Lawyer’s Association
Founding Member, McKinney Avenue Transit Authority Trolley Young Professionals Group
- Speaker, Legal Issues and Trends in Mortgage Origination and Servicing, March 2022
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit
Participant, “The Pitch,” Dallas Women Lawyers Association, 2023
Chairman, Moot Court Board, Villanova University School of Law, 2017-2018
Pro Bono College of the State Bar of Texas, 2022 — Recognized for making outstanding contributions to the delivery of legal services to low-income Texans
- Author, "NFL Draft Picks’ Pay Hinges on Wildly Different State Tax Rates", Bloomberg Tax, May 1, 2023
- Author, "Chiefs, Eagles Both Lost the Super Bowl to Arizona’s Jock Tax", Bloomberg Tax, February 2023
- Author, Student-Athlete Landscape Continues to Evolve at National and International Levels, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, November 15, 2022
- Co-author, "NCAA Athletes Will Need a New Playbook to Score on Tax Day", Bloomberg Daily Tax Report, April 26, 2022
- Author, Proving a Real Signature in a Surreal World: Notarization Concerns in a Pandemic (Part 2), McGuireWoods Legal Alert, April 15, 2020
- Author, Proving a Real Signature in a Surreal World: Notarization Concerns in a Pandemic, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, April 6, 2020
- Author, The Home Team Advantage Why Lawmakers and the Judiciary Should Bench the Jock Tax, Sports & Entertainment Journal, Arizona State University Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, 2018
- Contributor, "Best Practices and Potential Liability for Drone Use in the Insurance Industry", Defense Digest, 2017