Kang is a trial lawyer who focuses mainly on contract disputes, eminent domain, and real estate and land use litigation. Before joining McGuireWoods, Kang clerked for the Honorable John M. Tran, Fairfax County Circuit Court.
Kang routinely advises Fortune 500 companies, government contractors, and small businesses on matters involving contracts, business torts, land acquisitions, zoning, construction, and employment restrictive covenants. Since joining the firm in 2017, Kang has obtained significant experience with jury trials, depositions, preliminary injunctions, appellate briefs, and arguing dispositive motions. Kang also served as the lead associate for a massive litigation project that involved over 300 cases filed throughout the Fourth Circuit for an interstate pipeline company.
In his spare time, Kang enjoys skiing, traveling the world, and rooting for the UNC Tar Heels. Go Heels! In college, Kang studied German literature and philosophy. During law school, Kang served as an editor for the William & Mary Law Review and competed on the National Trial Team.
- Not Admitted in New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- Speaker, "Navigating a Termination for Convenience or Default", Construction Industry Challenges 2023, May 24, 2023
- Speaker, Whistle While We Work: How to Love Your Job as an Attorney, NAPABA Webinar, August 30, 2022
- Speaker, Real Estate Contract Implications Amid COVID-19 Concerns, April 6, 2020
William & Mary Law SchoolJD
cum laude, Notes Editor, William & Mary Law Review2015
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel HillBA2012
Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America, Construction Law, Woodward/White, Inc., 2024
Named to “Virginia Rising Stars,” General Litigation, Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2021, 2022, 2023
Named to “Legal Elite: Young Lawyer,” Virginia Business, 2020, 2021, 2022
Named to “Pro Bono Service Honor Roll,” Virginia Access to Justice Commission, 2022
- Hon. John M. Tran, Virginia Fairfax Circuit Court, 2015-2016