Trish is a member of the firm’s Executive Committee. She concentrates her practice on transactions involving aviation and other equipment.
Her work involves representing borrowers, lenders, lessors, lessees, equity participants, and agents in connection with transactions for the financing of aircraft, railcars, barges, manufacturing facilities, power generation facilities, and miscellaneous equipment through leveraged leases, synthetic leases, true leases and loan structures. In addition, she represents borrowers in connection with senior syndicated credit facility transactions, primarily in the energy industry.
She also represents buyers and sellers in connection with purchases and sales of various equipment and services, including aircraft and rail equipment and engineering, management and maintenance services.
Trish assists owners in connection with negotiating management agreements with service providers and structuring ownership and use of corporate aircraft to comply with Federal Aviation Regulations Part 91 and Part 135 relating to the sharing of use of aircraft.
- Represented lender in connection with an approximately $60 million construction financing for a Gulfstream 650 aircraft.
- Represented company in the purchase of three corporate aircraft through like-kind-exchanges aggregating approximately $66 million.
- Represented company in connection with purchase of new locomotives aggregating approximately $600 million.
- Represented lessor in an $11 million single investor TRAC lease of tractor-trailers to a chemical company.
- Represented company in negotiation of aircraft management and charter agreement for company’s corporate aircraft.
- Represented coal company as borrower in connection with a $200 million senior syndicated revolving credit facility.
- Represented lessee in a $450 million project leveraged lease financing of a lignite-fired generating facility partially funded by a 144A debt offering.
The University of North Carolina School of LawJD
with Honors, Articles Editor, North Carolina Journal of International Law and Commercial Regulation1994
- Yale UniversityBAEconomics1991
The rules of professional conduct in some jurisdictions require disclosure of selection methodology for certain public accolades and recognitions. Click here to view available selection methodologies.
Selected for inclusion in “Legal 500 United States,” Transport: Aviation and Air Travel – Finance, 2021,2022, 2023
Selected for inclusion into the North Carolina Pro Bono Honor Society, 2021
Selected for inclusion in America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Transportation: Aviation: Finance, Nationwide, Chambers USA, 2016-2019
Selected for inclusion as a “Leading Lawyer,” Transport: Rail And Road, 2017; Asset Financing And Leasing, North Carolina, 2017; Transport: Aviation and Air Travel: Finance, 2018; North Carolina, Legal 500 US
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- Speaker, McGuireWoods’ LGBTQ Lawyers Network Hosts Legal Clinic at Charlotte Pride Festival, August 22, 2019