Wen is a member of McGuireWoods’ Financial Services Litigation group representing clients in complex commercial litigation and arbitration involving federal and state securities claims, banking and lending disputes, fiduciary claims, business torts, data breaches, and general commercial contract cases.
He has appeared in state and federal courts, including appellate and adversarial bankruptcy proceedings. He has jury trial and arbitration experience, including a lengthy securities fraud trial in the Southern District of New York involving the collapse of a large furniture retailer. He has represented banks in some of the largest Ponzi schemes, fiduciary claims, and payment system data breaches in the country. He has also counseled banks on environmental and social risk management.
While at Washington and Lee University School of Law, Wen was a member of Omicron Delta Kappa and served as vice president of the student body, vice president of the honor court, and student body treasurer.
- Defense of bank in Ponzi scheme litigation in the Southern District of Florida.
- Defense of the lead underwriter in a securities fraud trial in the Southern District of New York brought by eight institutional investors.
- Defense of a publicly traded company in 10b-5 securities class action arising out of a financial restatement.
- Defense of an individual in a civil insider trading matter brought by the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Defense of a private equity fund in ERISA litigation concerning withdrawal liability.
- Representation of a private equity fund in an arbitration concerning ownership of a California power generation facility.
- Defense of lenders in a matter brought by a group of borrowers in federal court seeking to avoid their repayment obligations under mortgage agreements.
- North Carolina
- Co-author, "Loss Causation Challenges in Securities Cases", Law360, October 21, 2009
- Co-author, "The Subprime Meltdown, Rating Agencies And Privilege", The Metropolitan Corporate Counsel, March 2008
- Washington and Lee University School of LawJD1999
- Washington and Lee UniversityBSManagement1996
Member, American Bar Association
Member, North Carolina Bar Association
Advisory Board, Dreamcatcher Society for the Levine Children’s Hospital