Anne focuses her practice on the representation of public companies in corporate finance transactions, securities law compliance, mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance.
She represents issuers in all types of registered securities offerings, including equity and debt offerings, medium-term and retail note programs, hybrid securities, business combinations and employee benefit plan offerings. Her experience also includes syndicated loan financings, Rule 144A offerings, private placements of securities, including hedge funds, debt tender offers, public and private exchange offers and consent solicitations for debt securities.
She also regularly advises public clients regarding corporate disclosure, the preparation of Exchange Act reports, shareholders’ meetings and proxy solicitations, stock repurchase programs and a wide range of corporate governance matters, including compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, national securities exchange listing and compliance, insider trading and related matters.
- Representation of large financial services holding company issuer in regular establishment of universal shelf registration statements and the subsequent sales of preferred, common, debt and hybrid securities.
- Representation of holding company issuer in $19.3 billion public offering of common equivalent securities.
- Representation of bank holding company in $32.5 million common stock registration and offering in connection with an acquisition.
- Representation of holding company issuer in $11.5 billion public offering of common stock.
- Representation of bank issuer in establishment of $75 billion bank note program.
- Representation of holding company issuer in $1.6 billion public offering of hybrid securities.
- Representation of holding company issuer in “at-the-market” public offering of common stock.
- Representation of public community bank holding company in sale to another community bank.
- Representation of public bank holding company in multiple acquisitions of other publicly held banks.
- Representation of holding company issuer in offerings of debt and trust preferred securities.
- Representation of multiple public companies in preparation of annual and quarterly SEC reports and annual and special meeting proxy statements
- Representation of public company in exclusion of shareholder proposal from proxy statement.
- North Carolina
- Presenter, "ESG and the Global Financial Markets", ESG: What Companies Need to Know, February 2, 2022
- Speaker, SEC Compliance and Disclosure Update, McGuireWoods LLP Webinar, February 6, 2018
- Speaker, "Shareholder Proposals: 2017 Trends and Recent Developments Plus Proxy Access", SEC Compliance and Disclosure Update, November 28, 2017
- Speaker, SEC Reporting, Enforcement & Legislative Update, April 14, 2010
The University of North Carolina School of LawJD
with Honors, Order of the Coif, Research Editor, The North Carolina Law Review1987
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel HillBSBusiness Administration1984
Member, North Carolina Bar Association
Member, Mecklenburg County Bar Association