Dave focuses his practice in structuring, negotiating, documenting, closing and administrating syndicated credit facilities. He also has represented corporations in obtaining financing and various institutional investors in the purchase of collateralized term loans.
He has experience in representing financial institutions in numerous bilateral and syndicated credit facilities (including multicurrency and cross-border financings, first lien/second lien financings, acquisition financings, and investment grade financings). He has served as counsel to the administrative agent and lead arranger in secured and unsecured credit facilities ranging in size from $50 million to more than $1 billion and extended to companies in a range of various industries including healthcare, medical, telecommunications, defense technology, consumer, and retail sectors.
- Representation of the administrative agent and lead arranger in a $220 million senior secured institutional term loan and revolving credit facility in connection with a strategic acquisition by a portfolio company of a private equity firm of a leading software company.
- Representation of the administrative agent and lead arranger in a $600 million senior multicurrency credit facility with a delayed draw term loan for a leading television and online retailer.
- Representation of the administrative agent and lead arranger in a $175 million senior secured credit facility with a delayed draw term loan to fund the recapitalization of a television broadcast company.
- Representation of the administrative agent and lead arranger in a $900 million senior secured cross border and multicurrency credit facility with foreign loan parties for a global manufacturer of carpet, flooring and ceramic tile.
- Representation of the administrative agent and lead arranger in $300 million of senior unsecured credit facility with a fronted foreign currency sub-facility for a large wholesale distributor of pool supplies and related leisure products.
William & Mary Law SchoolJD
Order of the Coif, Senior Notes Editor, William & Mary Law Review2000
James Madison UniversityBSPolitical Science/Religion
summa cum laude1997
The rules of professional conduct in some jurisdictions require disclosure of selection methodology for certain public accolades and recognitions. Click here to view available selection methodologies.
Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America, Banking and Finance Law, Woodward/White, Inc., 2024
Selected for inclusion in “Legal 500 United States,” Commercial Lending, 2020
- North Carolina