Patrick focuses on complex commercial litigation. He is a recipient of the James A. Webster Jr. Faculty Award for displaying the greatest proficiency in the courses of property, real property security and donative transfers.
Patrick prosecutes and defends lawsuits related to commercial contract and business disputes, property acquisition and development/construction contracts, commercial leases, commercial landlord-tenant disputes, condemnation proceedings, and consumer protection actions. He represents a variety of businesses, but primarily represents banks, utilities, and real estate companies and developers.
- Representation of utilities in eminent domain actions in Virginia.
- Representation of banks in mortgage and consumer related litigation.
- Representation of commercial landlords in disputes with tenants.
- Wake Forest University School of LawJD2009
- Furman UniversityBAPolitical Science2006
- Presenter, "New Issues For Utility Condemnation: State and Federal Perspectives", Virginia Eminent Domain Conference, Virginia Beach, VA, May 5, 2023
- Presenter, "Lost Profits: How Does This Work?", Virginia Eminent Domain Conference, Virginia Beach, VA, May 4, 2023