Mason’s practice focuses on the representation of energy and utility clients in proceedings before various state public utilities commissions and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
Mason helps clients navigate the complex and overlapping regulatory frameworks applicable to them. Specifically, he advises clients on compliance with regulatory requirements, regulatory and policy changes that may impact their business, enforcement, and related litigation.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Mason practiced as a litigation associate representing companies in a range of business disputes and other matters before various state and federal courts. Previously, he was an Assistant District Attorney in the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office, Major Crimes Unit. He has served as lead counsel on multiple jury trials and hundreds of bench trials.
Florida State University College of LawJD
cum laude, Member, Florida State University Law Review; Member, Journal of Transnational Law and Policy2015
Florida State UniversityBA
- Co-Author, Chapters 7 and 10, Federal Criminal Practice 2023 Edition, Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education, 2023
- South Carolina
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois