Clients trust Mike Reynold to help them navigate challenging government and public affairs matters. He is experienced in healthcare, pharmaceutical, energy, technology, transportation, education, and financial services issues. In addition to being an attorney with McGuireWoods LLP, Mike is a senior vice president with McGuireWoods Consulting.
A seasoned operative, Mike integrates direct lobbying, grassroots advocacy campaigning, strategic communications, and digital media strategies to help clients win.
He regularly interfaces with legal and corporate executives, private equity investors, and portfolio companies to navigate policy decisions and avoid “death by politics.”
Mike helps lead the firm’s multi-state national practice, working with clients across the country who interact with governors, attorneys general, state legislators, and regulators. Before joining the firm, he worked in the Virginia governor’s office, as a state director on a presidential campaign, and on Capitol Hill.
Outside of work, Mike raised money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Man of the Year campaign by getting “pushed” out of an airplane at 11,300 feet by a 1st grader fighting leukemia. Yes, he is scared of heights.
McGuireWoods Consulting LLC (“MWC”) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the McGuireWoods LLP law firm. From time to time, various McGuireWoods lawyers provide non-legal services to MWC clients, but MWC cannot provide legal services or advice. Therefore, any work MWC performs for a client does not give rise to an attorney-client relationship or privilege. Should you require legal services from McGuireWoods, as well as consulting services from MWC, you must engage the law firm separately.
- Representation of an energy company in efforts to create community grassroots support for a mining and milling operation in Virginia.
- Representation of a healthcare trade association to build a coalition of business, community and patient advocacy leaders to advocate for federal public policy.
- Representation of a company involved in a $2.1 billion transportation public private partnership by executing a grassroots and online advocacy program to raise community awareness about the project.
- The Pennsylvania State University, Penn State Dickinson LawJD2005
- Washington and Lee UniversityBA2002
Member, Virginia Bar Association
Member, Republican National Lawyers Association
Covenant Woods Board of Directors, Board Secretary, March 2014- Present
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society- Virginia Chapter, Board of Directors, Vice Chair, 2016- 2018
Board of Conservation & Recreation, Virginia, 2013- 2017
Virginia Bar Association, Chair, Young Lawyers Division, Town Hall Committee, 2013- 2016
Director, Governor’s Commission on Government Reform & Restructuring, 2010-2011
- Panelist, 2020 Election Recap: Gubernatorial, Attorneys General and State Legislative Races, November 9, 2020
- Panelist, Election Insights: Gubernatorial, Attorneys General and State Legislative Races, October 1, 2020
- Author, State Attorneys General Activity on the Rise, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, June 22, 2023
- Author, State, Local Governments Employ Economic, Political Tools in Response to Ukraine Invasion, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, March 17, 2022
- Author, State, Local Governments Employ Economic, Political Tools in Response to Ukraine Invasion, March 17, 2022
- Author, Virginia Redistricting Plan Shifts Political Landscape, Long-Term Impact Likely, January 24, 2022
- Author, Dental Key Leader: Tim Constantine, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, January 19, 2021