Tom practices within the firm’s Healthcare Department where he focuses on healthcare compliance, regulatory, transactional, and corporate matters, including navigating state and federal fraud and abuse prohibitions, data privacy and security laws, Medicare and Medicaid payment rules, and state licensure regulations.
Tom obtained his law degree from Loyola University Chicago School of Law where he served as a Lead Article Editor for the Loyola University Chicago Law Journal, a legal writing tutor, and the Michael P. Shabat Appellate Advocacy Fellow. In addition, Tom earned a Public Interest Certificate and four CALI Excellence for the Future Awards. During law school, Tom worked as a legal intern for the Health Law Consultancy, a legal extern for Chicago’s Shirley Ryan Ability Lab, and a law clerk for both the United States Department of Justice, Environment and Natural Resources Division and the Center for Biological Diversity.
Prior to law school, Tom was a case worker with Child Protective Services where he helped victims of child abuse and neglect obtain medical services.
Loyola University Chicago School of LawJD
magna cum laude, Dean’s List, Lead Article Editor, Loyola University Chicago Law Journal2022
Certificate in Criminal Justice, Dean’s List2017
- Author, CMS Issues End-Stage Renal Disease Prospective Payment System Final Rule for 2024, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, November 6, 2023
- Author, FDA Establishes and Solicits Nominations for Digital Health Advisory Committee, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, November 3, 2023
- Author, Successive HIPAA Breaches Lead to $1.3 Million Settlement for Nation’s Largest Public Health Plan, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, October 5, 2023
- Author, California Proposes Rules Clarifying Notice and Review Requirements for Health Care Transactions, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, August 14, 2023
- Author, Breaking The Stigma and Reaping The Medical Benefits: Decriminalizing Psilocybin, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, July 6, 2023
- Author, End of COVID-19 Emergency: Legal Implications for Healthcare Providers, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, May 1, 2023
- Author, Outdated Medicare Enrollment Data? Caution: CMS Verifying Ownership, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, April 26, 2023
- Author, CMS Issues ESRD Prospective Payment System Final Rule for 2023, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, November 7, 2022
- Author, Rectifying Broken Treaties: McGirt v. Oklahoma, a Step Toward Natural Resource Sovereignty, Loyola University of Chicago Law Journal Online, February 6, 2022