Madison focuses her practice on the commercial real estate aspects of renewable energy projects. She has experience assisting developers, tax equity investors, financial institutions, and infrastructure funds navigate the real estate transactional aspects of developing, acquiring, financing, and selling wind, solar, and energy storage projects.
Madison helps guide clients through real estate matters that arise at all stages of energy project development, acquisition, and financing. She supports clients’ renewable energy project goals by assisting with site control procurement; negotiating project transaction documents; leading title, survey, and other due diligence reviews; analyzing and curing title-related issues; and drafting and negotiating leases, easements, options, purchase agreements, crossing consents, surface use agreements, and other real property documents.
- Representation of a solar developer on real estate issues in the development and disposition of multiple utility-scale solar energy projects in Texas.
- Assist multiple wind and solar energy project developers in securing necessary title curative documentation to prepare energy projects for construction financing and tax equity investment.
- Representation of a private equity fund in project development and project acquisition matters related to the development of multiple large-scale wind energy projects and energy storage projects in several states.
- Assist multiple wind and solar project developers with negotiating and securing site control for pipelines of early-stage solar and wind development projects in the PJM territory.
- Representation of a developer in obtaining construction financing and tax equity investment for utility-scale wind project in PJM territory.
- Representation of financial institutions on real estate matters in construction financing for energy storage and solar energy projects.
Wake Forest University School of LawJD
Symposium Editor, Wake Forest Law Review2016
Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Real Estate Law, 2024, Woodward/White, Inc.