Kent, who has practiced as a syndicated finance attorney for over 25 years, concentrates his practice on corporate lending, particularly in large and middle market leveraged finance.
He has extensive experience in syndicated, club and bilateral debt financings and related capital raising transactions, managing all phases of complex credit facilities, from structuring and documentation to distribution and syndicate management. Kent’s clients appreciate his commercial and practical approach to the market, as someone who understands the needs of both lenders and borrowers and works to achieve a practical and workable result for all parties. Kent has represented the administrative agent and participant banks in a variety of matters across loan structures and products, including underwritings and best efforts transactions, pro rata and institutional loans, leveraged recapitalizations, acquisition financings and working capital facilities.
- Representation of agents and participants in syndicated, club and bilateral senior secured and unsecured credit facilities.
- Representation in acquisition financings for both strategic and financial buyers in the technology, healthcare, manufacturing, and fishing industries.
- Representation in multinational, multicurrency credit facilities for an international home improvement company and a worldwide manufacturing concern.
- Representation in credit facilities provided for special dividends and leveraged recapitalizations.
- Representation in credit facilities for media and telecommunications companies such as broadcast, cable, and wireless telephony providers in connection with their operations and network build-outs.
- North Carolina
The rules of professional conduct in some jurisdictions require disclosure of selection methodology for certain public accolades and recognitions. Click here to view available selection methodologies.
Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America, Banking and Finance Law, Woodward/White, Inc., 2009-2024
Selected for inclusion in America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Banking and Finance, North Carolina, Chambers USA, 2017-2023
Selected for inclusion in “Legal 500 United States,” Commercial Lending, 2020
Selected for inclusion into the North Carolina Pro Bono Honor Society, 2019
Named to “40 Under 40,” Charlotte Business Journal, 2004
- Hon. Stanley F. Birch, U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit, 1993-1994
Harvard Law SchoolJD
The University of North Carolina at Chapel HillBSBA
with Highest Distinction, Phi Beta Kappa1990
Board Member, North Carolina CAST Theatre Company, 2013-Present
Member; Past Chair, Outreach Commission; Vestry Member, 2007-2009, Christ Episcopal Church
Volunteer, Urban Ministry Center
- Author, Q1 2022 Update on LIBOR Transition Developments, LIBOR Transition Blog, March 31, 2022
- Co-author, "The International Comparative Legal Guide to Lending & Secured Finance 2014 Edition", The International Comparative Legal Guide to Lending & Secured Finance, 2014 Edition