McGuireWoods LLP announced today that 12 of the firm’s partners from seven different offices have been named “Lawyers of the Year” for 2013 by Best Lawyers in America.
- Jeffrey R. Capwell, Charlotte Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law Lawyer of the Year
- Alan C. Cason, Baltimore Public Finance Law Lawyer of the Year
- John V. Cogbill III, Richmond Land Use & Zoning Law Lawyer of the Year
- Douglas W. Ey Jr., Charlotte Product Liability Litigation – Defendants Lawyer of the Year
- Hilary P. Jordan, Atlanta Securitization and Structured Finance Law Lawyer of the Year
- J. Mark Lawless, Austin Insurance Law Lawyer of the Year
- George Keith Martin, Richmond Municipal Law Lawyer of the Year
- Leigh B. Middleditch Jr., Charlottesville Tax Law Lawyer of the Year
- Stephen W. Robinson, Washington, D.C., Litigation – Labor & Employment Lawyer of the Year
- Thomas P. Rohman, Richmond Tax Law Lawyer of the Year
- Thomas E. Spahn, Washington, D.C., Bet-the-Company Litigation Lawyer of the Year
- Howard C. Vick Jr., Richmond Criminal Defense: White-Collar Lawyer of the Year
Best Lawyers designates “Lawyers of the Year” in high-profile legal practices across several large cities. Only one lawyer in each community is recognized in each category. Those named received particularly high ratings in surveys by earning a high level of respect and positive feedback among their peers for their abilities, professionalism and integrity.
Best Lawyers compiles its lists of outstanding attorneys by conducting exhaustive peer-review surveys in which thousands of leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers. The current, 19th edition of The Best Lawyers in America (2013) is based on 4.4 million detailed evaluations of lawyers by other lawyers.