Dylan is a high-stakes commercial litigator. His practice focuses on complex commercial disputes, including intellectual property, products liability, insurance recovery, and class actions. He draws on his experience in both trial and appellate courts to help clients navigate any stage of the litigation process.
Before joining McGuireWoods, Dylan served as a law clerk to the Honorable Albert Diaz of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit and the Honorable Dolly M. Gee of the United States District Court for the Central District of California. He was also an associate in the Los Angeles office of another major international law firm.
Dylan graduated magna cum laude from Georgetown University Law Center, where he served as articles editor for the American Criminal Law Review and participated in the Federal Legislation Clinic. During law school, Dylan interned at the United States Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division, Special Litigation Section and externed for the Honorable Amit P. Mehta of the United States District Court for the District of Columbia.
Dylan’s pro bono practice centers on representing Charlotte-area tenants in eviction proceedings.
- Authored briefs in several federal and state appellate courts nationwide.
- Briefed and argued summary judgment and complex discovery motions in products liability dispute in the District of Colorado on behalf of large construction materials manufacturer. After near-total summary judgment victory, the client obtained a favorable settlement.
- Represented a variety of clients—ranging from private equity firms to solar energy manufacturers to cold-storage refrigeration companies—in pursuit of insurance coverage for underlying lawsuits against the clients.
- Won complete summary judgment victory on behalf of major pharmaceutical company in suit alleging unfair and deceptive trade practices in the Western District of North Carolina.
- Obtained favorable individual settlement on behalf of major mortgage servicer in a putative nationwide class action filed in the Southern District of Florida.
- Secured summary judgment victory on behalf of large agricultural cooperative in bet-the-company litigation in California state court.
- Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of international airline in a consumer class action filed in the Northern District of California.
- Represented women’s health clinic in landmark reproductive rights litigation before the Middle District of Louisiana and Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- Hon. Albert Diaz, U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit, 2020-2021
- Hon. Dolly M. Gee, U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, 2018-2020
Georgetown University Law CenterJD
magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Dean’s List, Article Development Editor, American Criminal Law Review2017
University of MiamiBAJournalism; English & Creative Writing
Featured, “Pro Bono Spotlight,” Legal Aid of North Carolina, January 2023